Why should we only have adventures when we are far from home?
Instead of waiting for your next trip to a foreign city, get out there and enjoy the tourist experience as you explore your own city. Here are five ways to unleash your spirit of adventure, even in your home town:
- Glide on a Segway – It’s not quite as effortless as it looks, but once you’ve got the hang of it, gliding on a segway is a lot of fun! Most segway tours begin with a brief training session, before a guide leads you to local points of interest with some great photo opportunities. Not only do you get to learn a new skill, you can cover much more ground than if you were walking.
- As a Passenger in a Pedicab – Head to the top tourist spot in your fair city, and chances are you will find a pedicab to take in the sights.
- Hop On, Hop Off Bus – Nearly every city in the world – London, Sydney, Dubrovnik, Paris – has its own version of the hop on, hop off tourist bus. It’s a speedy way to get between the sights; plug in your headphones for the spiel about the destinations along the way.
- Ferry for Fun – Take to your city’s waterways, and instead of using it as a form of transport to get from A to B, take a round trip and visit the places you never normally would.
- Horse and Carriage – Usually only used by brides, or kids going to their senior formals, or the tourists at Central Park in New York – dare to be different, and book a romantic horse and carriage ride, just for fun!
Don’t let your adventuresome spirit languish between overseas adventures. Explore your own city – and whichever mode of transport you choose, you’re guaranteed to see places you never have before, even if you have lived there for a lifetime.